Bio for Thomas F. Coleman
Thomas F. Coleman
Tom has spent more than 30 years focusing his practice primarily in the area of workers’ compensation. He has extensive experience representing employers, insurers, self-insured, and TPA’s. Prior to becoming a defense attorney, Tom represented employees, which gives him perspective and insight into both sides to workers’ compensation disputes.
Tom has represented clients in all aspects of workers compensation litigation, including case evaluation, advice and strategic recommendations, and settlement negotiations, along with aggressive litigation through all phases, from trial through appeals and at the Supreme Court.
Tom excels in evaluating the cost and effectiveness of various strategies in order to best serve the interests of his client and to ensure the best possible outcome within his client’s objectives and expectations.
- B.A. College of St. Thomas, cum laude, 1980
- J.D. William Mitchell College of Law, cum laude, 1984
- Minnesota, 1984
- U.S. District Court of Minnesota, 1985
- Best Lawyers in America, 2006 – Present
- AV rated by Martin-Hubbell
- National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network, State of Minnesota Representative
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
9148 East River Road NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55433